Stereo vs. Mono problems

Thread: Stereo vs. Mono problems

Default Stereo vs. Mono problems

Hi.

I picked up the Ultra 8R two weeks ago and after much effort I was able to finally get the unit working without the control panel crashing, etc.

Last night I recorded a song with my band, using all 8 tracks at once. Everything recorded perfectly, except for a spike/clip here and there (probably from the drummer hitting the mic or something).

The problem I am having relates to playback through the headphone jack on the 8R using REAPER! I recorded all tracks panned respectively, left-then-right, left-then-right and so on using the Control Panel's pans. The issue lies in the playback through the headphones. The pans within REAPER only decrease the volume by a bit and do not pan them, however, when I run the headphones through the computer's jack itself, it will allow me to pan the way I need to.

I must be doing something wrong with the 8R which is preventing me from doing this. Any ideas?

Also, how do I get my second headphone jack monitor to operate simultaneously with the 1st one?
    HP Pavilion dv9925nr
    Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core
    4GB DDR2
    250GB HDD
    Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit

Fast Track Ultra 8R
    REAPER software

Bump!

Sorry, threads get lost with no replies easily on this forum.
    HP Pavilion dv9925nr
    Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core
    4GB DDR2
    250GB HDD

Fast Track Ultra 8R
    REAPER software

I dont have an Ultra 8R but doesnt it have an internal software mixer that feeds the headphones? Make sure you are bussing the tracks out of reaper to the appropriate inputs in the ultra mix matrix and then change the panning in the ultra mix matrix. If you want just buss the stereo outs to the ultra matrix and then you"ll hear all the panning you do on the DAW software
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Okay, so I figured out the mono/stereo thing. The outputs in the control panel, 1 & 2 which control the first headphone jack were panned center. Once I panned the 1 to the left and 2 to the right, everything is fine now.

I am still wondering how I can the second headphone jack to playback!

HELP PLEASE!

It's gotta be easy, it's just another headphone jack!
    HP Pavilion dv9925nr
    Turion 64 X2 Dual-Core
    4GB DDR2
    250GB HDD

Fast Track Ultra 8R
    REAPER software

Click on the monitor 3/4 tab in the Fast Track Ultra 8R control panel and turn up software returns 1 and 2.