M-Audio 192 Big Problem

Thread: M-Audio 192 Big Problem

Angry Dreadful Jocke of M-Audio 192 creators

Hello, i bought a sound card M-Audio Audiophile 192 for primaly for recording however i have tryed to use it for playback my music on my computer and awrything was great.

But now i have problem, there is no sound from my speakers when i am connecting my keyboard thrue Analog ins, how ever i can clearly see on M-Audio Console there is a signal on 1/2 in, but 1/2 out is nothing.

I think it might be the problem of routing that signal from 1/2 in doesn't not go to 1/2 out to where my speakers connected for some reason, i tryed to look at manual, and m-Audio console has page with routing, but my what i have jast download and installed from ur web site looks more simply and it doesn't have this page at all and it's looking like it was made for windows 98 not for windows Vista, so what me to do????!!!.

P.s. I have operation system Vista 32bit with SP2
    Last edited by chilly7; 04-11-2009 at 07:31 PM.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Plug your speakers into the Monitor Outputs, not the Main Outputs. The Monitor Outs allow you to hear input to and output from the computer. Turn up the levels for the inputs on the Mixer page to adjust the direct monitor level.

New Delta Series Control Panel (Windows)

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    Plug your speakers into the Monitor Outputs, not the Main Outputs. The Monitor Outs allow you to hear input to and output from the computer. Turn up the levels for the inputs on the Mixer page to adjust the direct monitor level.

New Delta Series Control Panel (Windows)
    Thank u for the answer.Now i have sound from my keyboard.
    But i have another problem, the sound is very weak and 1/2 in on mixer is at full, so is there any chance to boost the signal, couse for playback u have the second master volume at page output so i can boost the play back signal but at page imput, it doesn't have the second master volume for imput signal, so what me to do?

p.s. My speakers are 25% of volume and there is 0 noise, how ever if i will crunk the levevel to 50% i have really alot of hum for some reason, so i can not rise volume of my spekers, so i need the possibilyti to increes the volume from ins inside my pc like i can do for playback......

Thank u

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

There are no input level controls, the Delta's mixer only attenuates (the top of the faders are at 0dB). Can you turn up the volume on the keyboard itself? Does your keyboard have balanced outputs and are you connected with TRS balanced cables?

What speakers are you using? Do they have balanced inputs and are they connected with balanced cables?

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    There are no input level controls, the Delta's mixer only attenuates (the top of the faders are at 0dB). Can you turn up the volume on the keyboard itself? Does your keyboard have balanced outputs and are you connected with TRS balanced cables?

What speakers are you using? Do they have balanced inputs and are they connected with balanced cables?
    Hello, thank u for the imput.
    I think i have alot of hum when i am crunking my speakers because of that i have alot of electrinic devices and power amp is not good shielded with my speakers, but as i seid at 25% of vulum i have 0 noise

I have thouse speakers http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...68&CTID=560744 2x MSP7 + 1xSW10 and my speakers has XLR imputs
    So i am doing like this My sound card -> 1/4 monitor left and right on one end and anothe end XLR L and Right to yamaha SW10 -> XLRs left and right goes to each MSP7 speaker at list i am connecting as Yamaha manufactor recommends.......

Unfortionaly i have very old keyboard Korg TR76 and it doesn't have the second master volume like all new keyboards have so my master volume is crunked all the way up.

But i found really good sulution , maby it is bug of ur sound card but it really helps me, so how to boost line in signal i go to "output page" then in "output sorce" instid of "sw rtn" what i am ussing for playback boosting i am selecting "1/2in" so in this case it boost line in level, so i can atchiv the level what i need, but probem with that that for playback and for line in i need complit different setup i already saved to differet settings and i can load them in 3 seconds, unfortionaly i can only play my keyboard or playback, so i can not do this in the same time but for me it is not critical.

But thank u very much for the trying to help, but if u going to relize a new update for the sound card be shure not to kill my bug or add the second master volum in imput page for line in boosting.

Thank u