fast track usb stereo recording
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fast track usb stereo recording

Unhappy fast track usb stereo recording

Hi everybody

I just bought a new m-audio fast track usb for my home studio, well I use a condenser microphone and a pre-amp, so basically I need to connect the pre-amp to the fast track, when I asked in this forum someone told then I relized that the jack input is MONO, so it doesn't work for me at all, is there a way to help me out? something I can do to save my job?

Most microphones are a MONO source so there should be no problem connecting to the Fast Track USB. What you will need to do is connect to the 1/4" input on the Fast Track and then push the line button in.

well that's what I did, but the signal's still in one channel and it's also very weak, actually I record vocals so I need the record to be stereo, did I bought the wrong soundcard?

I've thought about an other solution, can I use the XLR input so the connection will be : condenser mic XLR->XLR preamp XLR->XLR Soundcard ?

What audio software are you using? You can try connecting the preamp output to the xlr input of the Fast Track, but you will definately need to keep the output of the preamp turned down.

when I cheked in audio proprities, audio record, I found out that the record source is "wav in" and there's just this option, there's no "line in", so basically the computer's only catchin' the sound comin' from the mic input, am I wrong? and about the software, actually I work with many ones, cool edit pro, fruity loops, ableton live, same problem in all of them, you tech support have to help me out as soon as possible! thank you.

Launch the Fast Track USB control panel. Do you see the word "connected" in the corner of the window?

You need to provide more system information. Please refer to this thread for the preferred means of providing this information.

Check out the USB Audio Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common USB audio problems.

well, now it has got worse! no signal!, i've tried even in an other computer, no signal while recordin'! this is just great... and about my system, windows XP SP2... well let me tell you somethin'else , I still can monitor the record from the soundcard, but it doesn't come into the machine, what is the problem exactly, is this product is as bad as it seems? no sound I mean!

I tried downloadin' the latest drivers version but it only got one option checked : remove fast track usbdrivers ! how does it sound?

Launch the Fast Track USB control panel. Do you see the word "connected" in the corner of the window?

Does the Fast Track appear in the Windows device manager?

yeah it does