Xponent and Microphones

Thread: Xponent and Microphones

Default Xponent and Microphones

Hello, I'm a long time DJ thanks been through Vinyl, then CD and now...I want to move to laptop and a controller, but I have a question that i can't seem to find the answer for myself.

I'm a mobile/club DJ that has to speak on the mic alot. I don't seem to be able to find anything on the Xponent and mics.

Does Xponent have a mic jack or what? If the Xponent doesnt have a mic jack how do you run a mic into the system? Will have to run a mixer with Xponent and laptop to get the mic input?

KG

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

There is no microphone jack on the Xponent. Often times clubs will have a house system and mixer where you can connect both the Xponent and your microphone. With a mobile setup you could purchase a small mixer to connect the mic and Xponent. Find out what other Xponent users are doing on the Torq-DJ Forum (requires separate registration)

http://www.torq-dj.com/forum

This same problem almost caused me from not picking one of these up. Then i talked to a sales rep over at Sam Ash and he told me all i needed was a mini external mixer. I spent 80$ on Samson 6 channel mixer and it works flawlessly. I run my mixer audio into the external mixer through rca to 1/4 inch then to the house system 1/4 inch to xlr. No problems yet good investment.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Krushgroove View Post
    Hello, I'm a long time DJ thanks been through Vinyl, then CD and now...I want to move to laptop and a controller, but I have a question that i can't seem to find the answer for myself.

I'm a mobile/club DJ that has to speak on the mic alot. I don't seem to be able to find anything on the Xponent and mics.

Does Xponent have a mic jack or what? If the Xponent doesnt have a mic jack how do you run a mic into the system? Will have to run a mixer with Xponent and laptop to get the mic input?

KG

I use my Xponent with a variety of mixers. Having the choice of external mixers to run my vocals through gives me a lot of flexibility. With a variety of external mixers available with mic pre amps being available for under $100 it's a small, but very worthwhile investment. If you're on a budget, I recommend looking at the Tapco or Behringer. If you don't mind spending a little more, check out the Soundcraft Compact 4. I have the compact 10 and it's a great little mixer with pre-amps that are quite good.

And if you're just looking for a really interesting approach.... I'm using the Xponent with an NRV-10. I actually just route the audio over firewire instead of through the Xponent and it works wonderfully. I've been using this set up for roughly a year without any issues at all. It's not a cheap solution though...

I've been wondering the same thing....now if I were to hook up an additional mixer would that mixer controls (high,mid,low) over rule the onboard mixer on xponent? Basically would I have to use the external mixer's controls for mixing or can I still use xponent? Also, bisides using the external mixer is there any other way to hook up a mic?

get the conectiv and use vinyl.......jk.. no you have to run another mixer i have ran into the same problem.. my xponent just sits in the corner so alone.. i love my wax so i don't like to press buttons...
    DJ-SERKUS
    torq 1.5 upgrade
    trigger finger w/enigma upgrade
    fruity loops vr8
    magix studio professtional vr full
    windows vista 32bit srv pk1
    2numark ttx usb
    1 numark dxm 06 custom fader pro digital.
    2 sure mm447 for hard core skratching
    2 ortophon djqbert stylus

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

For Torq, Xponent, and DJ discussions, please register for and post on the Torq-DJ forum at www.torq-dj.com